A special signature wine and certainly a fabulous wine. The preferred method of expression used by Samaniego, the fables, can be found in this velvety, composed and round wine with traces of French oak. All the fables have a didactic purpose, with a simple style and varied metrics noted for their spontaneity and grace, but, above all, their depth and moral quality.
The Lion and the Mouse
A little mouse was trapped
in the claws of a lion. The unfortunate rodent
had not been caught
trying to steal bacon or cheese,
but because he had bothered
the lion, who was resting in his den.
He asks for forgiveness and
the lion answered with his majestic voice
-Titus couldn’t have said it better-: “I forgive you.”
Soon after, while hunting, the lion
was caught in a net hidden in the undergrowth.
Trying to escape, he became more entangled;
and filled the forest with his angry roaring.
The little mouse heard him,
and quickly gnawed through
the knots of the net
Finally breaking the shackles holding the lion.
It suits the mighty
to be generous to the weak;
as they might one day need
the help of the most vulnerable.
(Recreation, in English, of the fable El león y el ratón by Félix María de Samaniego).
- TYPE OF WINE: Red.
- VARIETY: Tempranillo.
- PREPARATION: Carbonic maceration.
- AGEING: 15-18 months. French oak cask.
- AGEING: 8 months. Bottle.
- TASTING NOTE: A bright cherry-red wine, medium-high body. Fine, delicate aroma, intense roasted and spicy notes with a fruity background reminiscent of its origin. A well-developed wine in the mouth, smooth with delicate and sweet tannins, round, balanced and harmonious. Lengthy persistence. A wine which develops well when preserved. Limited production.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18 °C
- PAIRING: Iberian and Euskaltxerri (farmhouse pork) sausages, strong pate, game, red meat, roasts in general, fermented cheese.